The School of Applied Arts Code of Ethics
Obligation to the industry
The school shall strive to educate in the field of decorative painting and plastering in a way that promotes positive industry growth.
- The school shall not knowingly confuse their student base through semantics with the intention of holding customer loyalty.
- The school shall fully disclose their curriculum content to their students prior to enrollment.
- The school shall implement the most thorough curriculums possible.
- The school shall keep on staff as educators the most highly trained and knowledgeable people possible.
- Instructors should participate in annual continuing education.
- The school shall strive to support product manufacturers when possible by bridging the gaps of communication between them and their consumers through an R&D program.
Obligation to students
The school shall provide valuable knowledge to students, encompassing wholly the claims made in advertisement or school literature.
- Classroom environment
- The school shall provide the best learning enviroment possible.
- Accurately conveying informationx
- Instructors are responsible for conveying theinformation within the study program.
- Hands on techniques should be properly demonstrated and students practice with tools and product to duplicate said technique.
- Available written materials shall be provided upon request.
- Externship programs
- The school maintains a student externship program that provides students with real job experience.
- The school shall provide information regarding the Certification Programs available at their facility.
- The school shall not misrepresent their industry standing.
- The school encourages students to validate their own industry standing.
- The school shall provide, upon request, information regarding industry-wide certification programs.
- The school shall keep accurate record of certification for students seeking professional status.
- The school will maintain a support system for their students outside the classroom.
- The school will not give legal advice in regards to business practice in the decorative painting and plastering industry without license and qualification.
- The School admits students of any race, color, national origin, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
- Classroom environment
Obligation to the public
The school will maintain status as an educational resource for individuals and companies within and without the decorative painting and plastering industry.
- The school will conduct seminars, with the purpose of educating the general public about the decorative painting and plastering industry.
- The school will positively support seminars conducted by other Members.